Czech Chicken Schnitzel
The Czech take on schnitzel is extra tender, extra juicy, and extra EXTRA crispy!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 40 mins
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into slices about ⅓-inch thick.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the slices until thin. Salt each side.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate shallow dishes.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess breadcrumbs at the end.
- Pour about ⅔-inch of oil into the pan, allow to heat over medium until approximately 250℉. Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Place the cooked schnitzels on paper towels to drain off the excess fat.
- Serve plain or with a lemon wedge.